James focuses his practice on intellectual property law and family law.
James graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law and was accepted to the Virginia Bar in 2019. He earned his Intellectual Property Certificate as well as the Auzville Jackson Jr. award for excellence in intellectual property.
James is excited to assist artists, business owners, and content creators with their trademark and copyright concerns.
He has expanded his practice to include assisting clients in family law matters, estate planning, and business law. Whether the case is contested or non-contested, James is committed to helping his clients pursue the best possible outcome.
Regardless of whether he’s consulting a content creator or a spouse, James will develop a creative solution to best suit the client’s needs.
- Intellectual Property
- Family Law
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D. 2019
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville, B.A. 2015
- Virginia State Bar
- Eastern District of Virginia
Personal and Professional Memberships
- Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Lawyers Association (GRIPLA)
- Lawyers for the Arts — Chair
- Virginia Bar Association
- Esports Bar Association — Attorney Member
- SkateNation Plus
Publications and Lectures
- “Immigration Law in the Gaming Industry.” Panel Presentation, PAX East, April 22, 2022.
Recent Articles from the Knowledge Base
Everyone who owns or manages a website should be aware of the various website legal requirements that govern content posted online.
By following several copyright best practices, you can better protect your creative works from instances of infringement and plagiarism.